Hello all,

I previously attempted to attach an ActiveX.dll control to my form in VB2005 and VB6 without success.

When in VB6 the control reference is made and I am able to place the control on my form, however, when I run it the IDE crashes with a Window Error. I only place the control on my form and press F5 to run and the IDE crashes. I don't know if I can get any error messages to determine the reason for the crash.

Since this control is windowless and called with javascript from HTML page, I wonder if I should be using javascript or vbscript so I could use this ActiveX.dll control in my project. I am new to vbscript, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've never tried to use javascript in a VB6 application, but the chances of that actually working are nil and none. I'm not sure what your activex dll is actually doing, but I'll bet the problem with the crash, is due to the code in the .dll.

Ok, I don't care if I use javascript. Can't I take javascript and convert to vbscript?

Sure, it's not difficult to do either, but as I said, I'm guessing the problem is with the .dll, not how you are calling it. If there is no code (just a blank project), and you reference the activex dll, the problem has to be there. (or it could be a bad installation of vb6, but I don't think that's the problem).

The activex .dll is registered correctly in the registry right? (regsvr32)?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.