:rolleyes: right, im goin 2 sound like a right dunce now but here goes...

what exactly is Visual C++? i've found things about it, but nothing which is easy to understand.

any help would be appreciated

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

lol thanx 4 link

C++ is computer language ,for creating windows programs

C++ is the object-oriented version of C. Objects are a lot easier to work with, and with inheritance and polymorphism, eventually you can reuse just about any class (base for an object) over and over again. The 'Visual' part comes in with Microsoft's interface for easily building GUI applications, which is a lot harder if you have to write the code yourself to draw each and every control and form.

C++ is computer language ,for creating windows programs

Note not just windows programs visual c++ is aimed just at windows but C++ itself will work on any platform that a compiler has be written for or ported to.

ok... visual c++ is exactly the same as any other compiler except its a lot easier to use because it has many things built into it... anything in visual c++ can be done in any other version...

C++ is the object-oriented version of C. Objects are a lot easier to work with, and with inheritance and polymorphism, eventually you can reuse just about any class (base for an object) over and over again. The 'Visual' part comes in with Microsoft's interface for easily building GUI applications, which is a lot harder if you have to write the code yourself to draw each and every control and form.

hi, u seem to know quite a bit about C++ ( i dont know anything!) could you explain what this problem may be (nobody else can...)

"Runtime Error!

program C:\program files\maxis\the sims\sims.exe

Abnormal program termination"

it has stopped my sims game from working, and is reeeally annoying. thanks

hi, u seem to know quite a bit about C++ ( i dont know anything!) could you explain what this problem may be (nobody else can...)

"Runtime Error!

program C:\program files\maxis\the sims\sims.exe

Abnormal program termination"

Hi

This really isn't related to C++ in anyway, other than perhaps the programmers used C++ to write this program, I would suggest you contact their technical support department and ask for help there. Runtime error in windows could mean anything, there is a million combinations of things that could cause this.

All the best
Ben

thanx 4 the help

Read this tutorial :)

Read this tutorial :)

What tutorial?

Oh... iam soo sorry but i thaught i attched it .. iam sorry i will attch it here ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.