I finished My project and its working fine But only on my pc. If i try to test the program on another PC which does not have Visual Basic program installed on it, then it does not work and I get some errors,Some not working functions or objects. I know that the problem is some missing library files mabe .DLL or .OCX But i do not know how to find out which files should i copy. As I know all DLL OR OCX files should be copied to system32 file in windows directory.

So please any help about this problem. How to know which files are needed and should be copied?
Is it right that it should be copied to system32 or what?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Look under your menus for "Package and Deployment Wizard". This will create an installation package that will install you rprogram on the destination computer.

Look under your menus for "Package and Deployment Wizard". This will create an installation package that will install you rprogram on the destination computer.

WaltP I tried to use your way But in one step in creating setup.exe file which was copying related files .DLL or .OCX there was a message ("you have some files out of date") I ignored this message then after making the setup.exe file i tried to install it on the new pc and then there was a message saying "you have some system files out of date would you like to renew them" then i pressed ok then restart my system. Then i tried to install again then the same comes up again . I think this means that the related files it self was not renewed thats why when i press ok to the message that says "would you like to renew..." it uses the same out of date files

So how to solve this problem? I tried to install on my pc and it works fine no message comes out !!! so straing. but when i try to install the proggram on another pc this message comes out??

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have started to use this instead of the
Package & Deployment wizard supplied with VB6.

Here is a link to the Visual Studio Installer:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/tools/vsi11/default.aspx

I have found it really easy to use, plus the install program it creates is nicer.

Hope this helps

pG

purplegerbil i also tried your way but when i try to install the 2 setup1.exe and setup2.exe files there was a message saying
"the full directory in which the 2 files stored" is not a valid win32 application
so whats the problem? i reied to put them in system32 file and everywhere but no solution the same error

Hi,

Download setup1.exe and setup2.exe into the same folder.

Create a temp folder.

Run setup1.exe and point to the temp folder
Run setup2.exe and point to the temp folder

Now go to the temp folder and run setup.exe

Visual Studio Installer will go through a few prompts then install.

Once installed - Go to your Star - All Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio...

And click on to Visual Studio Installer

See jpg attached:- Click on to Visual Basic Installer

Good Luck

pG

Hi,

Download setup1.exe and setup2.exe into the same folder.

Create a temp folder.

Run setup1.exe and point to the temp folder
Run setup2.exe and point to the temp folder

Now go to the temp folder and run setup.exe

Visual Studio Installer will go through a few prompts then install.

Once installed - Go to your Star - All Programs - Microsoft Visual Studio...

And click on to Visual Studio Installer

See jpg attached:- Click on to Visual Basic Installer

Good Luck

pG

I am sorry but WHAT Do you mean by Run setup1.exe and point to the temp folder ??do you mean to double click on setup1.exe and then highlighting the icon of the temp folder ??

Once you have created a temp folder, double click setup1.exe.
Click on to browse and locate the temp folder you created.
Do the same with setup2.exe

Have a look in the temp folder for setup.exe
Double click this file to install.

pG

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.