i have this project in c++ and i want to incorporate it with vb. what i want to happen is that when i click a command button, my .exe file will be opened. I used Shell "C:\........\prog.exe" it did open my .exe but my desired output didn't display. I was using filestreaming in my C++ code that evaluates the values saved in a created input.txt file and displays the result in the dos-based window. What do you guys and gurls suggest i'd do with this?? Oh please help! I've already tried codes i found in a tutorial but still, it didn't work ;(

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I don't understand what you are trying to do? You don't want the C++ app to generate output to the Dos window?

using vb 6, i created a selection menu. it's a selection of all the numerical method programs i made. 4 of which is created using vb while 2 using C++. what i want to happen is that, when i click to select the program i made in C++, it should execute and generate the output to the DOS window. But instead of generating an output, the error message is the one prompted back to me.

I don't understand what you are trying to do? You don't want the C++ app to generate output to the Dos window?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.