Hey everyone. I dont know if anyone here can help me but I run a site powered by the Joomla CMS. I wanted to design a component for my site and I was wondering if i could use C++ to design it instead of PHP and just use the 'system' calls within PHP. If anyone has any idea/suggestions please post them. Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

PHP and other server side scripting languages was specifically designed for the purpose of doing away with the cumbursome work associated with the server side scripting using C and C++.

If you anyways usign PHP functions why do you want to use C++ ?
Why not design the site using just PHP which has a lot of support and tuts on the net related to creating the site from start to end.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Hey everyone. I dont know if anyone here can help me but I run a site powered by the Joomla CMS. I wanted to design a component for my site and I was wondering if i could use C++ to design it instead of PHP and just use the 'system' calls within PHP. If anyone has any idea/suggestions please post them. Thanks!

No I think you're better of learning php. Especially if you're doing stuff on the fly.

php+mysql+apache is a grand combo.

Do you wanna use C++ instead of PHP 'cause there's a real benefit? Or is it just 'cause you like C++ better or know it better? The likes and dislikes of the programmer usually aren't a good excuse for picking an implementation language.

But! To answer your question, I've heard from the grapevine that you can use SAPI to that effect, but I have no idea how. ;) I remember hearing that it wasn't worth it too. If that gives you a place to start some researchies then woohoo! :cheesy: Otherwise, just ignore me.

Thanks for the quick response. I think thats what im gunna do. I just wanted to see if it would be easier seeing as i know C++ better but thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.