The attached program uses buttons to take you to a set of links. The links that the three buttons point to are here, gamefaqs and toontown. You can customise by altering the links and button names within the code, this is just practice. What do you think?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Works nicely, welcome to GUI programmig! You seemed to have learned quite a bit!

Now, you can do a few cosmetic improvements, like making all the buttons the same sice and introducing some color.

Just a matter of taste, but I would have lined up all the buttons on top of each other for now. Later, as you add more links, use grid() to locate/group them in an order.

Great job!

Thanks. In Uni I'm learning VBasic as part of the curriculum, but I still prefer python. More fun! ^_^

To me VBasic is almost unreadable! Does it still produce a zillion different files for every small program you write?

I keep hearing that MS is dropping any further development with VB.

To me VBasic is almost unreadable! Does it still produce a zillion different files for every small program you write?

I keep hearing that MS is dropping any further development with VB.

No, it doesn't produce a zillion fils that I can see, Just:

Option Explicit

Private Sub Form_Load()
End Sub

That's the basic frame anyway, with nothing on it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.