When my program runs on a machine
with XP sp2 installed and with off 2003 the following goes wrong

In a table in Word f.e.

3 rows

the 1 row is good with the data i presume
row 2 has two sentences the 1 line has the coorect data and the next sentencehas the data what also is in row 1
row 3 has 3 sentences , the 1 line is correct
the next two lines has the data of row 1 and row 3

Somebody knows how to solve this , or how this happen

When i have the same progran running on a Xp sp1 off 2003 pc
everything goes well ?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have similar problem with VB 5 / DAO 3.6 / Jet 4.0
When I run program on XP SP1 (also Me, Server 2003, Server 2000) everything works fine, but on XP SP2 I get error num. 3011
"The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object <fieldname>. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly."
The field exist and I did not mistyped it's name (it would not work on XP SP1 if I made the mistake with that).
I know I can use ADO, but it will not work in this case (too much changes in existing code).

Any help is welcomed,
thank you.

PS. If I figure out myself what's causing this error I'll let you know.

I've solved my problem. When I changed regional settings to English (United states) or German everything works OK, but when I set it to something unusual (other language besides English, German, Franch, etc.) I get the error 3011 again.
I hope this can help.

Best regards,
Faik

When my program runs on a machine
with XP sp2 installed and with off 2003 the following goes wrong

In a table in Word f.e.

3 rows

the 1 row is good with the data i presume
row 2 has two sentences the 1 line has the coorect data and the next sentencehas the data what also is in row 1
row 3 has 3 sentences , the 1 line is correct
the next two lines has the data of row 1 and row 3

Somebody knows how to solve this , or how this happen

When i have the same progran running on a Xp sp1 off 2003 pc
everything goes well ?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the way the grid is displaying the data..... but if the file was fine before you installed SP2, and then got intermingled afterward, I wouldn't have any idea why that happened..... are there macro's that run in that file?

I've solved my problem. When I changed regional settings to English (United states) or German everything works OK, but when I set it to something unusual (other language besides English, German, Franch, etc.) I get the error 3011 again.
I hope this can help.

Best regards,
Faik

Thank you for posting the solution to your problem so that others can receive assistance from your experience, the help is always greatly appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.