i have compiled and run a symbian application using Visual C++. It finished building, was run and was displayed using the emulator.

I wanted to do unit testing on it using C++ tool. And then i got errors which is something like this...

Outbox_7000.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___CxxFrameHandler
Outbox_7000.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __except_list
Outbox_7000_testdriver.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" ([EMAIL="__imp_??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ"]__imp_??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ[/EMAIL])

How can i remove the unresolved external symbol for ___CxxFrameHandler and __except_list? same with "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" ([EMAIL="__imp_??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ"]__imp_??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ[/EMAIL])??

i hope somebody can help me... i'm which libs should i include or if i should include any. thanks for any form of help..
:sad:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Is your program written with Visual C++ 2005 for a smart device? If it is, you can not use c++ streams because those devices do not have a console.

It is for mobile phones. This message :

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall std::ios_base::Init::Init(void)" ([EMAIL="__imp_??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ"]__imp_??0Init@ios_base@std@@QAE@XZ[/EMAIL])

is generated by C++ Test tool. Do you mean there is no way that i can fix it? If somebody knows how to use C++ Test for testing SYmbian applications.. can u help?

you need to contact the tool's manufactuere to find out if it supports mobile devices. From the error message I suspect not.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.