Hello,

I am developing a system where in I want to use 2 USB Barcode
Readers attached to a single PC. I want to capture input from both of the readers. When barcode is showed against a barcode reader, I want to store that value in a variable and then store further in a text file.

Please suggest....

Regards,
Vidhi.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi,

Keep the Cursor in a TextBox and click the button on the BarCode Reader or Shoot the BarCode Gun, The Text/Alphanumeric Equivalent of the Bar Code is displayed in the TextBox. Provided u have properly installed all the .dll's of the BarCode reader given to u by the vendor.
In TextBox Change or LostFocus Event u can write the code to
Open a File in append mode And save the contents.

Regards
Veena

Hello Veena,

Thanks for your response.
Actually we are currenlty capturing the data using textBox, but this requires focus to be always set on TextBox, which is not possible here.
We are facing problem due to focus set. So we want to capture data where data goes directly to a variable, instead of capturing via a textbox, etc.

Please suggest for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Vidhi

Hi,

Keep the Cursor in a TextBox and click the button on the BarCode Reader or Shoot the BarCode Gun, The Text/Alphanumeric Equivalent of the Bar Code is displayed in the TextBox. Provided u have properly installed all the .dll's of the BarCode reader given to u by the vendor.

Regards
Veena

Hi Vidhi,

there is an option in most of the barcode readers , what should it do after capturing the barcode data.. there u set it to "Tab". After reading, Lost focus is fired.
And In Lost focus event write the code to save in text file and empty the textbox and set foucs back to the Textbox.. do all this until the content of textbox is non empty. Once textbox is empty then set focus to next control.

In one of our previous projects we had the same requirement and we used the above logic and it worked fine for us.

Regards
Veena

Hi,

Regards
Veena

how ro read a barcode sanner to my invenetory database which written in vb code

regards
Osama Ghandour

hi ..
i am facing the problem during barcode reading from the barcode scanner.
i am using the below mention code:

Private Sub txtMessage_Change()
If Len(txtMessage.Text) > 4 and Len(txtMessage.Text) < 13 Then
txtMessage.SelStart = Len(txtMessage)

in this code it accepts only 5 digit barcode value.

veena madam kindly help me.

i want to know, how to read multiple lenght barcode.

hi ..
i am facing the problem during barcode reading from the barcode scanner.
i am using the below mention code:

Private Sub txtMessage_Change()
If Len(txtMessage.Text) > 4 and Len(txtMessage.Text) < 13 Then
txtMessage.SelStart = Len(txtMessage)

in this code it accepts only 5 digit barcode value.

i want to know, how to read multiple lenght barcode.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.