Hello guys,

I have a Calendar control that I am working on. I am having problems with the appointment portion of it. Everytime you click on a time slot and type, it adds an appintment. Here is the code I use to add the appointment.

Appointment m_Appointment = newAppointment();
m_Appointment.StartDate = m_Date;
m_Appointment.EndDate = enddate;
m_Appointment.Title = "test";
m_Appointments.Add(m_Appointment);

Right now I have the appointments saved to a database that I have entered. The only problem is that after the program closes it doesnt save the appointments but they are in the database.

Is there a way to get the appointments at the start of the program?

I was thinking about getting the number of records int he database and put it in the interger "records" and then do a for loop to to add the appointments until the end of the records is complete. something like this.

for (int i = 0; i < records; i++)
{

Appointment m_Appointment = newAppointment();
m_Appointment.StartDate = m_Date;
m_Appointment.EndDate = enddate;
m_Appointment.Title = "test";
m_Appointments.Add(m_Appointment);

}

This will add them back to the form on start but how do I specify what StartDate, EndDate and Title are for each iteration through the records? I am kinda new to SQL.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I did a little more research and found that I was going about this all wrong. I am going to use a DataSet and that should do what I need done here.

Thanks

I did a little more research and found that I was going about this all wrong. I am going to use a DataSet and that should do what I need done here.

Thanks

another option could be simply running a select statement to grab what you need since you are working with a SQL database.

if you need a specific start date /end date that depends on the SQL server but the generic and commonly excepted way could be

select [some column],[somecolumn],[somecolumn]...etc
from [name of database]
where [name of date column] between 'dd-mmm-yyyy' and 'dd-mmm-yyyy';

my syntax may be off though.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.