hai everybody,
know only i start learning c program,while compiling any program i have the error "stdio.h was not included"

even any header file it may math.h,conio.hstdlib.h etc,we include in our program it show this error "you header file is not included"
how will i rectify the error.

Thanks in advance for your kind help

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

This doesn't work?

#include <stdio.h>

You'll have to post your code if you want any more help.

Also, which compiler are you talking about?

Also, is this a new problem (like it used to work), or have you just installed it.

This doesn't work?

#include <stdio.h>

You'll have to post your code if you want any more help.

hai,
even for simple program it will not execute .
i include that header file in my program.i wrote like this

#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
  printf("have a nice day");
}

it shows only one error. in the first line that your header fileis not included

i think i have to do change in directories (source,output,.....)
but i dn't have clear idea

please answer Salem's question -- what compiler and operating system are you using?

please answer Salem's question -- what compiler and operating system are you using?

i am using turbo c

i think i have to do change in directories (source,output,.....)

Yep, that seems to be logical thing to do next since it says "stdio.h not found' . Check the make sure the path to your header files are properly set in the Turbo C configuration options.

Q. Why is Turbo C not able to find any of my #include files?
A. The compiler searches for include files in the Turbo C Include Directories. This option is specified under the Options/Directories menu. The INSTALL program initially sets this option to the directory where it copied all the Turbo C *.h files.

From http://www.binarica.com/data/about/bc201.html

[edit] BTW, that link wasn't hard to find -- in fact it was the first hit when googling for "turbo c include". Try a search next time you have a problem; chances are someone's had the same problem. [/edit]

Or just read the product documentation...

Yep, that seems to be logical thing to do next since it says "stdio.h not found' . Check the make sure the path to your header files are properly set in the Turbo C configuration options.

thanks for giving me the idea,

but i dn't know how to set the header file path

please send me a reply how to set the header file path

thanks for giving me the idea,

but i dn't know how to set the header file path

please send me a reply how to set the header file path

Even when someone gives you the answer you still can't find it. Next time look a little bit harder:

From http://www.binarica.com/data/about/bc201.html

A. The compiler searches for include files in the Turbo C Include Directories. This option is specified under the Options/Directories menu. The INSTALL program initially sets this option to the directory where it copied all the Turbo C *.h files.

Posted by dwks...

Just go to the Options Menu -> Directories. In that you would find an entry with label "Header files". Paste the actual path to your header files in that field and then try compiling. It should work out...

Posted by dwks...

Just go to the Options Menu -> Directories. In that you would find an entry with label "Header files". Paste the actual path to your header files in that field and then try compiling. It should work out...

Hehe, looks like I beat you

...again :mrgreen:

Hehe, looks like I beat you
...again

Grr....:mrgreen:

But I guess it doesn't matter since I already beat you at the "Hardest Game Ever"....:twisted:

commented: That's what YOU think! Someday I'm gonna hit 60... -joeprogrammer +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.