I am doing a project for my VB.NET class and I am a complete beginner, so please go easy on me :)

I have a windows form that will collect information from a user. When they click a button, I want to display all their information in a completely new window.

I'm not really sure how to display it in the new window. I considered using a message box, but I'm guessing that is not the best way to do this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks..

I just read the announcement about homework help and I guess I should add a bit to my first post so you know I'm not just trying to get someone to do my homework for me.

The assignment is to generate a business travel expense attachment for an income-tax return.

I have a form with all the input boxes to type where they went, when they went, and how much they spent on each deductible expense.

When they click a button, calculations are done to all the numbers taking full amounts for fully deductible categories and partial for those that aren't.

I already did/ know how to do all of the above. Now -

I want to display the information back to the user in a new window. The reason for the new window is that I want to put a "print" button on it.

I only know how to display the information back to the user in a label in the current window, but that's not going to work here.

If someone could please point me in the right direction or tell me this is or isn't possible.

Thanks.

Figured it out! :)

Had to play around quite a bit, but I got it. Just in time, too. Will be leaving for class shortly.

Edit: In case anyone else new comes along and wants to know... I had to add a new form to the project and call it with FormName.Show() Almost embarrasing how easy it was..

Member Avatar for Dukane

Please mark this thread as "solved" so we all know you no longer need help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.