Hi guys...I am currently writing a program and it compiles fine but when I run it it says...

Problem with input/output
IOException:Null
Problem with input/output
IOException:Null

I have two files in it and I dont know what to check anymore...Anyone have any idea on what I need to look at?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Look through the files for a try-catch block for an IOException and an output message matching what you've shown us. We can't really do much without seeing the code or where the error is coming from.

If you have more than one catch block with that message, you can trace it using something like this:

catch(IOException e){
  e.printStackTrace();
  // whatever else here
}

and it'll tell you where the error is happening.

Beacuse I/O handling Throws Exception , and java cannot handle these kind of Exceptions automatically , as a result , you must manipulate your code and put your code (that part which you work with I/O) in a try block and catch Exception , it means :

try {
}

catch (Exception e){
what you want when an exception Occur
}

notice that Catch block MUST appear right after the Try block , whithout any code between

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.