i already know how to do a login form using a .INI file, but i was wondering if it is possible to make a form that automatically downloads a file from the web on loading, and uses that as a database for passwords and users, i was also wondering if anybody knows how to check text for a specific string and then change it or create a message box(ie. swear detecter)

thanks in advance, Wayne

p.s. i know many codes for loading and unloading, if you need any, ask me and i might have it :P

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

>>if anybody knows how to check text for a specific string and then change it or create a message box(ie. swear detecter)

If you are looking for a way to detect obscene language, you might ask Dani because she implemented something similar for DaniWeb a couple months ago. I don't know enough about it to describe how its done.

>>if anybody knows how to check text for a specific string and then change it or create a message box(ie. swear detecter)

If you are looking for a way to detect obscene language, you might ask Dani because she implemented something similar for DaniWeb a couple months ago. I don't know enough about it to describe how its done.

okay thanks, but is that for any script or...? cause im lookin for it to be done in vb6... thanks a whole bunch

wayne

okay thanks, but is that for any script or...? cause im lookin for it to be done in vb6... thanks a whole bunch

A technique is just a technique. It can be written in any language.

Essentially you have a list of words you are looking for in an array. You then loop through the array and search for each word in the text.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.