Hi I've kinda hit an inspiration drought... Can anyone confirm that it is possible to return the value of several records within a linked list, add all the different values from each record, pass them as some sort of combined parameter into another file or record and be printed from there?

Apologies for not explaining this particularly well as I can't seem to find what the apropriate term is for this function.

There again I guess if I did then I'd not need to be writing this nonsense on a Saturday night!

Any suggestions, outlandish or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.

:cheesy:

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

>Can anyone confirm that it is possible
Yes. Hey, I didn't have to read the rest of your post either! Imagine that...

>Any suggestions, outlandish or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.
So are you really asking if it's possible or are you asking us how to do it?

What I would like is for someone to tell me what its called so I can conduct my research with a specific direction. Hence cut down on my time wasting!

Thank you.

If it's called anything, you want a splice. You're splicing a number of nodes out of the list and splicing them into another. Of course, if you don't want them to be removed from the first list, it's a copy rather than a splice.

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.