Hi guys, I'm looking for a bit of help with an assignment. I'm not to hot with C but its a compulsury module so what can i do!

Basically the assignment wants me to make a record data type, that describes a lecturer.

There are different fields are ints, char, boolean and are to be assembled using struct.

Then a pointer type is to be define for reference to a student 'descriptor'.

Finally a new record type is to be defined, that contains;

A student descriptor and a pointer to another student desriptor.

Any help with this would be immense!!! :rolleyes:

do the assignment one step at a time. First think about what data items you want to put in the structure. What kinds of things do you want to know about each lecturer? Maybe you need his/her name, lecture date/time, class number, etc. Then crete the structure with these items. If you don't know how to do that you should look in your textbook for how to create one -- I'm certain you will find it. Then you should compile your program to see if your compiler complains about what you did.

If you can't figure out how to correct the compile errors, post us back with the code you wrote and the first few compile errors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.