Hi i basically new to visual c# and i want to create a stock portfolio program to store my stock information, i have decided to use SQL server 2005, but i'm not sure if i should use mangement studio that comes with sql server to create the database or a database project type in visual studio. i also heard that i could use business intelligence in visual studio, i plan for the system to create a new table to store the inflows and outflows of a new stock. Is this possible to do in Visual C# it has become more confusing can some one help. :eek: :eek:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

come on guys help me out i just dont want to do all the programming in visual c# and realise i should of create a database instead on management studio, is there really nobody that can help me

come on guys help me out i just dont want to do all the programming in visual c# and realise i should of create a database instead on management studio, is there really nobody that can help me

I would fully recommend C#/Visual Studio for what you are describing. It will handle what you want it for with no problems. It will handle all your db needs from within the IDE.

However, if you do decide to use Management Studio then remember that it doesn't handle some functionalities...

Note: SSMSE cannot manage SQL Server Analysis Services, Integration Services, Notification Services, Reporting Services, SQL Server Agent, or SQL Server 2005 Mobile Edition.{MSDN}

Thanks just to clarify would i therefore create my table and databse structure in visual c# and not in sql server 2005 and then add the database into an existing project because i do plan to use the analysis services

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.