I have compiled a project using Visual Studio in Vista ultimate. On my computer the application works fine, but on the computer where XP is installed I get the error like "Progam configuration is wrong".

Do I have to compile my WIN API project in XP to be runned on XP?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

anf here si a debugger output

'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\jan\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\everybody_dance_now\debug\everybody_dance_now.exe', Symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.debugcrt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.42_none_ef74ff32550b5bf0\msvcr80d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\logishrd\LVMVFM\LVPrcInj.dll', No symbols loaded.
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x8a4) has exited with code 1507328 (0x170000).
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msiltcfg.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\version.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msi.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sfc.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sfc_os.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\skchui.dll', No symbols loaded.
'everybody_dance_now.exe': Unloaded 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\ink\skchui.dll'
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x7cc) has exited with code 1 (0x1).
The program '[4504] everybody_dance_now.exe: Native' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Vista and XP have different versions of DirectX so maybe that's the problem. You could try comiling on XP and see if it will run in Vista. There are a lot of programs that run in XP but not in Vista, and probably vice versa.

I realised that computer with XP had corrupted windows libraries, and thats why program didnt workd.

This wasnt a DirectX app at all...For now I have to learn WIN API as well and than I will go to the DirectX

You're using Visual Studio 2005 and projects which are coded in VS2005 need to .Net Framework 2.0 for working.
Check the other computer for the .Net 2.0 is loaded or not.
May be this is the problem...

But why? I hate frameworks...

Only managed programs (and C#) need the .NET framework. Pure c and c++ programs as well as MS-Windows applications do require .NET framework.

Oh so I dont need that framework. It was strange because I didnt need any framework when I compiled C++ stuff in Code::Blocks.

So Fox made me tought that C++ programs compiled in VS need a framework,

Thanks Dragon

So Fox made me tought that C++ programs compiled in VS need a framework,

you need the Framework for the compiler itself.

you need the framework for the IDE.
the compiler itself (and link etc.) do not.
if you are willing to work from the
command line using cl.exe, link.exe,
nmake.exe, you do not neet the framework.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.