If I uncheck the AllowZeroLength, wouldn't that have the same effect as checking Required?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm having a hard time differentiating the two.

If a Customer table contains a Phone No. field, and I'm about to add a new customer who doesn't have a phone number, and the AllowZeroLength is UNCHECKED, then that means I have to type something in the Phone No. field, right? But isn't that the same as CHECKING Required? (Required means data entry is required, i think)

Thanks!

Yes :) You are absolutely correct. if you check allowzerolenght button then it means you can leave the field blank and means that checking not required.

If I uncheck the AllowZeroLength, wouldn't that have the same effect as checking Required?
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm having a hard time differentiating the two.

If a Customer table contains a Phone No. field, and I'm about to add a new customer who doesn't have a phone number, and the AllowZeroLength is UNCHECKED, then that means I have to type something in the Phone No. field, right? But isn't that the same as CHECKING Required? (Required means data entry is required, i think)

Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.