HI, I JUST started C++ today, and I'm used to programming with Game Maker. With Game Maker, it comes with a "dictionary" of ALL the functions, constants, and variables that are pre-defined. I just downloaded a c++ compiler but it comes with NO references and I've been googling very badly. Anybody know of any online c++ "dictionaries" listing all the constants, variables, and functions with short descriptions? Also I realize there is a possibility that everything has to be defined manually in c++. If that is the case, please tell me how to define a function and give an example. Thank you. :)

>Anybody know of any online c++ "dictionaries"
There isn't any complete documentation of the language as far as I know, but there are a number of sites that document quite a number of C++'s functions. One such site is www.cplusplus.com .

However, using some documentation is at best, a poor way to learn the language. What is more recommended is that you read up on some C++ tutorials, such as the ones found here. Or if you're really serious about learning the language, get yourself a good C++ book. There's a list of them in one of the stickies at the top of this forum. And you'll likely find that C++ is quite a bit more challenging than GameMaker.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.