We have had a frustrating problem for months. We are trying to find a resolution or work around to fix this and are looking for help.
We have applications developed in Delphi 4 through to Delphi 7 that use database components and have worked correctly and well for years.

When we have these running on a station and log into the station remotely with PcAnywhere, VNC, terminal services and few others, the application runs fine.

When we disconnect, leaving application running, then reconnect, we get 'Access violation Read Of address 0000004' when we interact with the application.

The stations we are logging into are Win XP, win 2003 server.

This problem does not occur if the stations we log onto are using Win 2000, Win200 server or earlier.

It appears to be something how the remote access programs handle the screens or forms.

Searching the net finds many with same or similar problem.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

give us more details, like your application is interacting with the screen resolution? what components are you using? have you tryed to minimize the aplication before you disconnect the remote session?

describe an exact step where the application crash

best regards,

Thanks for replying,
I am testing on a Windows 2000 machine (sp 4). I'm connecting to it via PCAnywhere on a XP machine.
The strange thing is that the exe I'm trying to run is simple. It has a basic form with a TButton on it which just shows a message (using ShowMessage)
I connect via PCAnywhere
Run exe (leaving it open)
Close PCAnywhere connection
Reconnect via PCAnywhere
Click the button to show the message and get the access violation error

the code which is runned on the remote station contains only a showmessage on the button onclick event?

from what i saw it exists a lot of problems with LogMeIn. but i can not figure out until this step why you have those problems. post here or send me an pm with the entire code, and i'll try to make a remote session from work to my place and see what's happening

best regards,

hi,
the delphi application is just a "hello world" program:

unit Unit1;

interface

uses
Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs,
StdCtrls;

type
TForm1 = class(TForm)
Button1: TButton;
procedure Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
private
{ Private declarations }
public
{ Public declarations }
end;

var
Form1: TForm1;

implementation

{$R *.DFM}

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
showmessage('hello');
end;

end.

ok, today i'm not able to perform a remote session somewhere with logmein, so i can not test and see if the error is reproducing.

tomorrow i hope will be able to test this. send me an private message on how can i take contact with you(YM,MSN,etc)

best regards,

I'm having a similar problem as described in your original post. It looks like this thread has been open since 2007. Was this problem ever resolved?

I'm also using a Delphi app and getting an access violation when using any remote desktop software. The problem only occurs when the application is already open when establishing a remote session to that computer. If the remote session is established first and the application is opened after, no errors occur.

Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.