how do i do text to speech coversion
in language other than english

for english we have SDK
but how to do for other languages

say hindi, urdu etc...............

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

well i don't know about other Indian languages. But it worked in French. Search the Microsoft website and check whether other Indian languages are available. As far as i know i didn't find any.

ya that is the problem
i also didnt find anything related to other languages

for french there is provision
anyway let me know if you find anything

thanks
jatin

Hi there this is an old thread. i have to resurrect it again. i have a problem here. I have found Speech SDK 5.1 , French Agent and a Lang_Pack for french. But i don't know how to implement it. My resources recommend me to do a Text to Speech in french. The thing is i have installed the lang_pack french and i have added its components in my VS 2003 Vb.net but i can't get the particular Speak and getvoice functions of it. Has anybody done a TTS in French? if you have let me know ASAP.

Any ideas, views opinions will be welcomed.

Ive solved it. All i had to do is add the ACTIVEVOICEPROJECTLIB component and voila! it worked.

Ive solved it. All i had to do is add the ACTIVEVOICEPROJECTLIB component and voila! it worked.

Hi
can you tell me that how you done all these please tell me i need it too much.

thanks.

Hi
can you tell me that how you done all these please tell me i need it too much.

thanks.

Check this link

Download the necessary TTS Engine as per your language requirements along with the MSAgent and install it.

Next download the Speech control panel (Spchapi.exe) and install it.

Go to your Control Panel -> Speech

You can see a third Tab Panel (Other) Click on the SAPI 4 Control Panel.. Input some text and check whether it speaks (with the selected language whether its french or german).

If you get it working then post in again and il tell you what to do next.

Check this link

Download the necessary TTS Engine as per your language requirements along with the MSAgent and install it.

Next download the Speech control panel (Spchapi.exe) and install it.

Go to your Control Panel -> Speech

You can see a third Tab Panel (Other) Click on the SAPI 4 Control Panel.. Input some text and check whether it speaks (with the selected language whether its french or german).

If you get it working then post in again and il tell you what to do next.

Thanx I will Try For downloading this exe

HI,
I want to develop an engine for my language Bangla, but I cant understand from where to start, pls help me

hi...
may i know how to get the ACTIVEVOICEPROJECTLIB component
is it add the reference to the project?

thanks you so much

i have qns regarding speech for different language. anyone can help? thankyou! =)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.