Hi everybody

I use a javascript to select and deselect items in a listbox depending on checkbox selection

The problem now i have is, i am calling the javascript from server side

What happens is as the listbox 1 get populated, and selected with checkbox selection in my application,
i have a button which refreshes the page thereby populating listbox2, with reference to the items selected in listbox1

So what is happening is,
- the user selects checkall-- all items get selected
- the user hits the refresh button -- all the items deselected and also checkbox is marked unchecked

Hope you can understand my issue
Please help me to fix this dilemma
Thanks to all

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The application that your working on.. is it a web application? and i really can't understand what the error is.. May be you can post some code and explain it with a screen shot.

Thanks for your response
it is a web application
The code i am using is

function onChange(checkBoxRef,listboxId)
{

var listboxRef = document.getElementById(listboxId)

if(checkBoxRef.checked)
{

for (var i=0;i<listboxRef.options.length;i++)

{

listboxRef.options[i].selected = true;

}
}
else
{

for (var i=0; i<listboxRef.options.length; i++)

{

listboxRef.options[i].selected = false;

}
}
}

function removeCheck(checkboxId)
{
document.getElementById(checkboxId).checked = false;
}

And in code behind i am using

lstAccounts.Attributes.Add("onChange", "Javascript:removeCheck('" + chkAll.ClientID + "');")
chkAll.Attributes.Add("onClick", "javascript:onChange(this, '" + lstAccounts.ClientID + "');")

When the page is refreshed by a button click, all the items are deselcted and the checkbox mark is also gone
Any ideas, what is wrong with my code?

Thank you very much

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.