Hello,

I want to know is it possible to access and modify content of a Excel worksheet dynamically inserted as OLE object in a form. I wish to check and update values of various cells by cell number of the worksheet, but not being sure if possible.

thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Why don't you try it?

There is nothing impossible when you get the connection and permission.

Why don't you try it?

There is nothing impossible when you get the connection and permission.

Yes I want to use it, but have no idea about how to go about it

Hi Deep,

U r opening Excel using "Excel Object " or by Opening in "OLE Control"...?

I have the code if u r opening with
Excel Object.

Regards
Veena

Hi Deep,

U r opening Excel using "Excel Object " or by Opening in "OLE Control"...?

I have the code if u r opening with
Excel Object.

Regards
Veena

I have embedded excel as a OLE object

I have embedded excel as a OLE object

See, I requested you to try.

See when you have the connection as an OLE object its behaviour is just like a table of the database. Each sheet corresponding to one table and within each sheet the columns represent table fields.

the record set object works fine here also.

Try and let me know your progress.

But the excel documents I am working with are not the set of records like we have in database.

I am working with excel files which are soft copies of various physical documents like invoice, quotations etc. Programitically I would say various informations are scattered all around.

However Cell Number where a specific information is found is always fixed. This is the reason i wish to access is by cell numbers rather than by database approach.

But the excel documents I am working with are not the set of records like we have in database.

I am working with excel files which are soft copies of various physical documents like invoice, quotations etc. Programitically I would say various informations are scattered all around.

However Cell Number where a specific information is found is always fixed. This is the reason i wish to access is by cell numbers rather than by database approach.

Then I suggest, the recordset is to be populated by two indexes to draw row as well as coulums.

That is, suppose your recordset is in the second record, then the raw corresponds to the cursor location second among the records.

Then you have to access columns right with the recordsetname.Fields(index)-which is your columns in excel in that row

recordsetname.MoveNext increases the row count to one
and again your column index has to reinitialise else it will be out of your excel columns.

Now, you got it I hope.
Get back to the thread

regards
AV Manoharan

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.