Hi all. I just got this refurbished laptop in addition to my pc. I have no problem with my verizon dsl connection until I network this laptop last night. For my router, I got myself the DLink WBR-2310 and my laptop right away pick-up the signal. However, I noticed that the ethernet connection get disrupted many times within several minutes. Someone at DLink told me that I have to request verizon to put my connection in bridge. Is that right? Is the IP address causing this intermittent connection? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Normally the routers contain one USB port and anoher Ethernet Port. You can use either of the two. See, from your explanation, already you have connected your pc with the USB. So, your LapTop cannot be connected directly with the router.

You have to install a bridging software such as WinProxy in your PC and you have to connect your LapTop and PC with eathernet cards.

For a Bridge connection, the information needed to make and maintain the Internet connection is stored on another computer or Gateway, not in the router iteself. You better follow the instructions of your Service Provide for this additional software. OR better use WinProxy.

Normally the routers contain one USB port and anoher Ethernet Port. You can use either of the two. See, from your explanation, already you have connected your pc with the USB. So, your LapTop cannot be connected directly with the router.

You have to install a bridging software such as WinProxy in your PC and you have to connect your LapTop and PC with eathernet cards.

For a Bridge connection, the information needed to make and maintain the Internet connection is stored on another computer or Gateway, not in the router iteself. You better follow the instructions of your Service Provide for this additional software. OR better use WinProxy.

My problem is already solved. It's the technical support staff of both DLink and Verizon who are outside US made things wrong. Their technical support seemed to be phone operators only and read only their script . They ought to be trained for real tech support. My husband and I fixed it ourselves.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.