good afternoon to every body iam doing my final year btech(cse).iam thinking to do mini project in java. i have less knowledge how to start,how to get title,how to proceed .can any one please give ur advice to me...........................

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

hi,
if your looking for just Java then try out a chatting program - u would be using a bit of network programming in java and applet/awt for the windows, buttons, text boxes.
it would be done in a month or two.
if you are looking for even a longer duration project - say six months then a banking proj or a website design would be better.
Better consult your seniors and professors

LOL, and only a zillion kids have done it before for their assignments so you're bound to get the originality bonus for the code you pilfered off some website or from some book...

Write an image editor. Java has an extensive image manipulation API :)

hi,
if your looking for just Java then try out a chatting program - u would be using a bit of network programming in java and applet/awt for the windows, buttons, text boxes.
it would be done in a month or two.

A month or two??? A week or two at most depending upon how much time they had to work on it.

A complete client/server chat application is created in 2 days during Sun's SL-275 training course...

A complete client/server chat application is created in 2 days during Sun's SL-275 training course...

Exactly. I was being gracious in mentioning a week or two. I would assume that any type of "final project" should involve something a little more complex.

With an assumption he has no idea of Java or OOPs Concepts and that he has to read the complete reference of Java from Page - 1 , I put the period of project to a month or two.
When I was learning Java - it took me a week time to come up with it and then make it look attractive with some 'java swings' added.

Ram Sharma

> Write an image editor. Java has an extensive image manipulation API.
You have got to be joking. ;-)

I have to disagree. That guy is saying that comunity project Java ImageIO is difficult. However I did very nice and usefull final year project with it help.
Recently ImageIO is trying to fix problems of long term running another community project Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) and I think they are doing good job. If somebody like me with realy little experiences with Java is able to work with they API.
But again this is my opinion...

Either you didn't read the entire blog or you missed the point. The point the author was trying to put across was that the Java Imaging API when compared to other languages is pretty much prehistoric. Did you glance at the Python example he demonstrated? Don't you think doing your project is Python would have consisted of significantly fewer lines of code?

Java is known for its boilerplate code. He just wanted to say that in the world of Fourth Generation languages, a matured language like Java could have done better. Come to think of it, even James Gosling agrees to it.

Yes he admited that is a mess but also said

So, Paul: I encourage you to join in and help make the imaging APIs better

It is always easier to criticize then come along and help ;)

With an assumption he has no idea of Java or OOPs Concepts and that he has to read the complete reference of Java
Ram Sharma

with that assumption you should assume he's too lazy to do that anyway so he SHOULD fail miserably.
After all, if this is indeed the type of assignment he claims it is he's supposed to have at least several months of Java training behind him, and if he still doesn't understand even the basics he quite obviously is either a moron or a lazy bugger who doesn't pay attention in class (or both of course).

> Write an image editor. Java has an extensive image manipulation API.

Yeah, my suggestion was a bit tongue-in-cheek about the image editor project, but so many come here and say "tell me what my final project should be". To me a final project should be a bit more involved than a one day "chat client" program or a uselessly simple web app. It should at least demonstrate learning beyond one or two packages in the Java API.

Either you didn't read the entire blog or you missed the point. The point the author was trying to put across was that the Java Imaging API when compared to other languages is pretty much prehistoric. Did you glance at the Python example he demonstrated? Don't you think doing your project is Python would have consisted of significantly fewer lines of code?

Java is known for its boilerplate code. He just wanted to say that in the world of Fourth Generation languages, a matured language like Java could have done better. Come to think of it, even James Gosling agrees to it.

I do agree that the APIs are quite extensive and may be overly complex for simple tasks. They were trying to handle all kinds of image manipulation needs in an incredibly abstract manner and that lends itself to a lot of unnecessary complexity in many cases.

As Per my suggestion you can download the list of mini project of JAVA form google after that select a project according your topic and then Conern with your Seniour as well as faculty. I hope you can make project in the guidense of your branch faculty.

All the Best :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.