I am used to VC 6.0 and the class wizard. Now I am using Visual Studio 2005. How do I launch the class wizard from a menu command. I have found that if I double click on a dialog box, the class wizard comes up. But how do I do it from a menu selection?

There was also some sort of Objects wizard or tool where I could pull up a class and make a method for when the user made a menu selection. WHere are these abilities in visual Studio 2005?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Microsoft did away with the Class Wizard that was in VC++ 6.0 and replaced it with Properties windows. In ClassView right-click a view and select Properties from the popup menu. Or if you have a dialog box displayed right-click a control and select Properties. If you want to create a name for a control right-click on the control and select Add->Name (I think). Its a lot different (and I think more difficult) than it was in 6.0 ClassWizard.

Thank you. This is a big help. I will play with it. I hope you can do things like, override or create a method in the CMainFrame class for when the user makes a menu selection this way. For example, if the user selects File | New in the main menu of a SDI MFC app and you want to deal with it in the CMainFrame class.

Edit:

It does work. I click on the events (lightening bolt) and there is a set of menu commands.

Thanks again!

Microsoft did away with the Class Wizard that was in VC++ 6.0 and replaced it with Properties windows. In ClassView right-click a view and select Properties from the popup menu. Or if you have a dialog box displayed right-click a control and select Properties. If you want to create a name for a control right-click on the control and select Add->Name (I think). Its a lot different (and I think more difficult) than it was in 6.0 ClassWizard.

It is right-click on the control and select Add Variable.:cool:

File-->Open, File-->New, etc have to be implemented in the CWinApp-derived class, not CMainFrame.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.