fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory

I'm using Visual C++ 2005 with MSDN. Can anyone help me figure out the problem?

Build Log

Build started: Project: Login Server, Configuration: Debug|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "c:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\eROSE2\Login Server\Debug\RSP00000160004664.rsp" with contents
[
/Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MDd /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP "..\Common\thread_manager.cpp"

"..\Common\logging.cpp"

"..\Common\globals.cpp"

"..\Common\crypt_server.cpp"

"..\Common\crypt.cpp"

"..\Common\base_socket.cpp"

"..\Common\base_server.cpp"

"..\Common\base_client.cpp"

".\md5.cpp"

".\main.cpp"

".\login_server.cpp"

".\login_client.cpp"

".\isc_server.cpp"
]
Creating command line "cl.exe @"c:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\eROSE2\Login Server\Debug\RSP00000160004664.rsp" /nologo /errorReport:prompt"

Output Window

Compiling...
isc_server.cpp
c:\documents and settings\matt\desktop\erose2\common\globals.h(50) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
login_client.cpp
c:\documents and settings\matt\desktop\erose2\common\globals.h(50) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory
login_server.cpp
main.cpp
md5.cpp
base_client.cpp
base_server.cpp
base_socket.cpp
crypt.cpp
crypt_server.cpp
globals.cpp
logging.cpp
thread_manager.cpp
Generating Code...

Results

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\eROSE2\Login Server\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Login Server - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Ideas?

----
Line 50 of globals is #include <winsock2.h>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

My guess is that you do not have the list of directories set up correctly in the compiler IDE. Look at menu Tools --> Options --> Project and Solutions --> C++ Directories and make sure the path to the include directories are correct and includes the path to where you installed the Microsoft Windows Platform SDK.

My guess is that you do not have the list of directories set up correctly in the compiler IDE. Look at menu Tools --> Options --> Project and Solutions --> C++ Directories and make sure the path to the include directories are correct and includes the path to where you installed the Microsoft Windows Platform SDK.

I get the same problem, how do i know if the directories are correct?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.