base_socket.cpp
crypt.cpp
crypt_server.cpp
globals.cpp
logging.cpp
thread_manager.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libboost_thread-vc80-mt-gd-1_34.lib'
Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Matt\Desktop\eROSE2\Login Server\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Login Server - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I've search on google for this file. Nothing, I've gotten boost and added it to my project and I also searched the boost folder, its not there. I need to fix this error, or I can't compile. Anyone have helpful ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I think you have to compile the boost libraries before you can use any of them. Did you read the readme and install files?

no, im going to take a look at it though. I hope thats the problem, it wont be hard to fix if thats the case..

I looked at the documentation and found another installation for boost, im using that one now but I need to compile Boost.Thread and I've been reading this documentation and I cannot figure this out, does anyone know how to compile Boost.Thread?

threads.html located C:\boost\boost_1_33_1\doc\html\threads.html (or wherever you installed the boost files) contains a section that explains how to build the library.

Yeh, I read that, I'd be able to compile it if I knew how exactly. It says I need to run a command but it doesn't work in cmd prompt and I can't figure out what I need to execute it, its like a .v2

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.