Dear frens,

I have made an application in VB.net using Visual studio 8, with ms access as a backend.

I have crystal report installed in it. I have got a problem while connecting database to the crystal report. I have also got problem in designing part. Is there any solution for it.

And the other part is that I also tried to make a report viewer througn database report viewer. But it showed certain problem .It showed report of only one row at one time and the report cannot be exported to word file.

Is there any solution for it.

I m in immense trouble.

Please help me

Waiting .....

Kshiteesh

ksiteesh,
attach the code here- i will rectify & tell whats the problem,,,

Dear frens,

I have made an application in VB.net using Visual studio 8, with ms access as a backend.

I have crystal report installed in it. I have got a problem while connecting database to the crystal report. I have also got problem in designing part. Is there any solution for it.

And the other part is that I also tried to make a report viewer througn database report viewer. But it showed certain problem .It showed report of only one row at one time and the report cannot be exported to word file.

Is there any solution for it.

I m in immense trouble.

Please help me

Waiting .....

Kshiteesh

Hello
The only work around that I have found to work was to change your connection string (I use Access as a database):
Instead of -
Conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & _
Application.StartupPath & "\Database.mdb"
I had to use -
Conn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & _
"C:\Database Folder\Database.mdb"
You will manually place the database in a folder labeled Database Folder (or whatever) on the C Drive.
This allows both your application and Crystal Report to have access to the database. You will then have to go back to Crystal Reports/Database/Set Datasource Location then choose "C:\Database Folder\Database.mdb". This will allow your CR to access your database and changes in the database will be viewed immediately in the CR while the application is running.
Hope this helps
Scott

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.