Given that input_time actually represents an integer value in seconds since the epoch - and has the value 0 at precisely "Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970", write a better implementation of this function.

1: unsigned long normalise(unsigned long input_time)
2: {
3:
4: bool finished;
5:
6: // This produces a formatted time string like:
7: // Thu_Nov_24_18:22:48_1986
8: string str_time = format_time( input_time );
9:
10: while( str_time.substr(1,3) != "Sun")
11: {
12: input_time -= 24*60*60;
13: str_time = format_time( input_time );
14: }
15:
16: while( str_time.substr(11,2) != "00" )
17: {
18: input_time -= 60*60;
19: str_time = format_time( input_time );
20: }
21:
22: while( str_time.substr(14,2) != "00")
23: {
24: str_time = format_time( input_time );
25: input_time -= 60;
26: }
27:
28: while( str_time.substr(17,2) != "00")
29: {
30: input_time -= 1;
31: str_time = format_time( input_time );
32: }
33:
34: return input_time;
35: }

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Stop spamming with the same thing, please. All of your questions are pretty much impossible to answer as given, and it seems like you're trying to get free homework help.

Using any programming language of your choice, implement algorithms to:

a) Reverse a string

b) Sort an array of Integers

I have not written the function. I was asked this question by a friend which he had got in an interview. These days I am trying to solve as many questions as possible as I learn more from it. If the question is not clear then I can re-send it with exact words.

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Is this a statement?

These days I am trying to solve as many questions as possible as I learn more from it.

You're not solving anything by asking someone else do to it. And you're not learning anything either. _And_ you're spamming.

commented: Quite so - well said. +9

>> write a better implementation of this function.
You do it, we don't have the time. Of course if you would pay me $5,000.00 I will do it for you :)

as i described b4 ,I was asked this question by a friend which he had got in an interview.Thnx anyway.

as i described b4 ,I was asked this question by a friend which he had got in an interview.Thnx anyway.

Not an excuse. You should follow forum rules regardless of who originally asked the question.

with all respect, don't think you can weasel by a few problems, get a degree and earn big digits!!!! this is software engineering, the most complex and diverse discipline in engineering. try the lottery for quick lute and easy answers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.