Should be simple but my brain is about to explode. My database has a form frmPets. I am simply trying to take a field (text) from that form and populate other related forms without actually having to open those forms right away. After 2 weeks of searching and banging my head against the keyboard I'm about to go starkers!

I followed Stan Yost's thread but no result for me.

frmPets
type in the pet's name in the PetName text box.

frmPrescription
take the previously entered PetName from frmPets and display it on this form in a text box.

frmConsult
take the previously entered PetName from frmPets and display it on this form in a text box.

I don't want to add a cmd button to open and populate the new forms. I need to have the forms populated when the user opens them.

By the way - I am so new at MS Access and coding that you can still smell that new software scent on me :) Thanks for any help you may be able to give me!

Hi,

You have to create a module, and in that module declare a public variable (ex: Public PetNam as string). Now in frmPet and on the textbox after update event (or change event) add the following code:
PetNam = Me.txtPetNam (where txtPetNam is the text box in which the name is filled).
Now on the other form open event add the below code:
Me.txtPet = PetNam (where txtPet is the name of the text box in frmPrescription).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.