Can some one give me some code on how to use windows.h..... im making my project, about ATM, i want to make it look good so i need some code on how the use windows header. I saw this person using a goto(x,y) code... and I saw his exe file. and there were textbox images in there.. So can anybody help this noob dev c user.....:(

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

>Can some one give me some code on how to use windows.h....
windows.h is one of the headers you use for the Win32 API. It's not something you can learn with just a bit of sample code. This is a good start, though.

do u have a less complicated website??? DO have other recommendation that was a GUI.. do u know a website just makes lines, or txtbox something on just the exe, not on a GUI form....

what compiler do you have ? You can get some old MS-DOS stuff here. They are not tutorials but actual working example programs.

>do u have a less complicated website???
That's about as simple as it gets. You're asking to do a complicated task, why would you expect the API to be simple?

>do u know a website just makes lines, or txtbox something on just the exe, not on a GUI form....
You have text (as in console text), and graphics. Pick one. There are no other options, you can't just say you want to draw a line without first creating a canvas and then using a graphics API to do the drawing[1]. You can open a message box from a console program, but lines require GDI, and GDI requires more than a console.

[1] Well, you can, but that involves basically riding the hardware.

We can draw straight lines and boxes with simple c or c++ console programs because MS-DOS supports the Extended Ascii character set (characters above 127 decimal). But forget doing circles, curves or anything more complicated with standard console programs.

Im using Dev C++ compiler..

Do you know some codes just to make my project look cool.... To make my presentation look nice.. Im making a ATM project, its just basic File I/O.... i have the color code.. do u have other suggestions??? Pls dont make it complicated...

im having a problem on how to use the NCURSES... I have problems on compiling it... Too many errors... How should i deal with it?? help....

> im having a problem on how to use the NCURSES... I have problems on compiling it... Too many errors...
> Im using Dev C++ compiler..
a bit of searching the web reveales that there is a Dev-C++ DevPak for pdcurses.
pdcurses is another implementation of curses; therefore you could use it instead.
the download: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=94270&package_id=154278&release_id=515268
i do not use Dev-C++ nor do i know about Dev-C++ DevPaks; so i do not know what are the things you have to do after downloading it to get it working. but i guess there must be an easy way to do it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.