Hey everyone,

I was wondering if you could help me with something. I am attempting to set up VS C# EE on my comp but I would like to use it to make ASP/.NET web pages. I have VS C# EE installed but there is no selection for ASP web page. Could some one explain to me how to go about getting that option along with everything else I need installed on my comp?

Thanks!
-Barefoot

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi.
You could get ASP.NET website by creating a website project and then choosing ASP.NET website type :File>New>Web site.
If your VS.NET does not have this item,you can add the feature from the install source.
(See my sample attached picture).
Have a nice day.

By C# EE, I think he means Express Edition. In that case, Visual C# express cannot do ASP.NET pages standalone, however, download Visual Web developer (same as previous user suggested), it should be on the same page you got the C# express edition. It's also free. After you install and start VWD< you will have the choice to create a new VB or C# website. It would be C# in your case (but I didn't have to tell you that)...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.