hi i've been playing around with RTF for few days now and there are a few things that i need advice on :

1.) Does RTF allow hierarchical grouping?
2.) Is it even correct to have multiple header within one RTF?

I noticed RTF reader (well microsoft word in my testing) seems to ignore my higher level groupings. It's on the part where i wanted to theorically shift the whole 'chunk' of my text with a 300 points indent. How should I go about?

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil Arial;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil Arial;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}
{\pard
    Part 1 Hello In There!
\par
}
}

{\fi300{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil Arial;}{\f1\fnil\fcharset2 Symbol;}}
{\pard
    Part 2 Hello In There!
\par
}
}
}

\par
}

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. Yes.
2. No.

Is this related to the other post you made?

Word is not very good at reading all properly-formatted RTF. It likes and understands its own peculiar brand best, and can put-up with simple stuff from, say, wordpad and the like.

1. Yes.
2. No.

Is this related to the other post you made?

Word is not very good at reading all properly-formatted RTF. It likes and understands its own peculiar brand best, and can put-up with simple stuff from, say, wordpad and the like.

Yea, its related to the post i made. Douas, can you show me a simple way of hierarchical grouping in RTF that follows the correct RTF standard?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.