Hi everyone, please i created a C# windows application to implement a form with a ListBox, a TextBox, an Edit button, an Insert button, a Delete button, a Update button and an Exit button in the form. I want my C# program to be able to copy the columns of record in the Books table of the DB to my C# program and to display all records in the ListBox.I want to add event handlers to the control so that i would be able to edit,delete,insert and update records to the dataset as well as update the Database.Please I have been able to create the form with the listbox and added the buttons.the exit button,select button to display the records on the list box,insert button works but the delete button dosent work when i select a row in the listbox to be deleted from the database. please could anyone help me with my code.below is the attached code i wrote and the database created as a zip file. can anybody please edit my code so that it works appropriately.
thanks
omos.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

this looks familiar..

Can you please post a snippet of your code, and what exactly it's not doing? I think you'll get a better result than simply posting a ZIP of your work, and expecting someone to sift through it all...

I guess that u didn't update your dataBase after each operation
u know that the ADO.Net works in a disconnected mode that means every changements are made at the data set level and not in the dataBase to update your data Base u must use the DataAdapter.update() method

ADO.Net works in a disconnected mode that means every changements are made at the data set level and not in the dataBase to update your data

commented: digging up old threads for your sig link -1
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.