hi there... I'm new in this forum so I don't know how to start new threads, anyway....

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a login page, I mean by sending me a good tutorial, because I'm stuck in a homework, a web application that needs a login page... but I'm all new in c# and I have no clue of how to do it... I only know I need ASP.NET and my teacher recommended SQLServer to keep the user info and password... but I don't know if there's an easier way or something... please help me!...

oh! I almost forgot I'm having troubles with the IIS, according to my teacher it is a default feature in windows, but Visual Studio says I don't have it installed... I don't know...

so any help will be appreciated! thanks!

The IIS part I can help you with. If you have your windows CD, insert it, choose add/remove features and search for Internet Information Services. That will do it for you.

About the SQL Server part, I do believe that you do need a database to store the username and password, and that is generally what the use for C#. I couldn't point you to a tutorial though (PHP is my web programming language of choice)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.