i had an error in the visual studio 2005 that for no reason, the menu bar is no longer there !!!!
i cannt see the "File", "Edit", ....... menus
even the help menu is not there
so i contacted microsoft by e-mail, support, and telephone.....
the didnt reply, they just called me back, asking me to pay some hundreds of dollars so they can look into my problem !!!!
what kind of support is that, i found a bug in their product and wanted them to fix for their low reputation to at least raise it, and they are asking for money......

anyway i have some snapshots of the studio plus i recorded their call and response.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

are you able to right click in the area where the menu should be and select 'Menu'? it may be that the menu has disappeared somewhere else on the screen

so you signed up an account just to say that?

ok...

commented: that wasn't really a very helpful post... -2
commented: There's nothing wrong with signing up to help someone -6
commented: A very rude post.. -2

first of all, yes i registered an account just to say that, is there any problem with that "scru" ???!!!

and for your my friend gregianos, no right click, the right click will give me options for the toolbar not the menu, the problem was there, i found the solution:

- Select 'Start'
- Go to 'Run'
- Type 'devenv /ResetSettings' (without the quotes)
- Click 'OK'

hope somebody might need it.

All I'm saying, signing up an account just to rant about the obvious seems a bit childish to me...

Dear Ma7boob
As I am MSP, so is your copy is legal?? you may don't have an legal copy so they ask for money for that but please. I am not going to talk about MS reputation but tell me your problem in details and I'll solve it with you en shaa ALLAH

commented: Good sentiment. +20

so 'scru', me signing up a new account just to say that seems childish and your nickname seems amature !!!!
anyways, i am not arguing with u about childish, u could reply in more respective way.
Mr. Ramy thanx alot i've already posted the solution in my previous replies, but thatnx alot for offering help.
ALLAH yegzeek al kheer

i had an error in the visual studio 2005 that for no reason, the menu bar is no longer there !!!!
i cannt see the "File", "Edit", ....... menus
even the help menu is not there
so i contacted microsoft by e-mail, support, and telephone.....
the didnt reply, they just called me back, asking me to pay some hundreds of dollars so they can look into my problem !!!!
what kind of support is that, i found a bug in their product and wanted them to fix for their low reputation to at least raise it, and they are asking for money......

anyway i have some snapshots of the studio plus i recorded their call and response.

That is not a bug -- its called "dockable windows". You have the ability to add/remove the windows and menues that you want. But I too find it invonvenient at times, wish there was a way to lock them so that I can't accidentally change them.

As for M$'s support -- yes, they do not provide free support. But you can post on their forums for free. Just look on their support web page and you will find the link.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.