I have tried to display the names of table in oracle database in visual studio 2012 in combo box but i am not sure why it is not displaying

private void comboBox1_SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
    {

try
               {
                   con.Open();
                   OleDbDataAdapter oda = new OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT table_name FROM tabs where table_name Like 'ST%'", con);
                   DataTable dt = new DataTable();
                   oda.Fill(dt);
                   comboBox1.DataSource = dt;
                    comboBox1.DisplayMember = "table_name";
                    con.Close();
               }

catch (Exception ex)
               {
                   MessageBox.Show(ex + "");
               }

}

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you confirmed that the dataTable actually has some rows in it? The usual steps for a problem like this are: catch any errors (which you'll doing), confirm your sql statement works directly against the database and returns results, check your result in your code holds some data, double-check your display tool.
Somewhere along the way you're find what is going wrong.

What i did were i run the query in the sqldeveloper and it works. Then i tried it in visual studio it was not displaying. I did not insert any values as my aim is to display the table names rather than the valuis of the each table.. Thanks for the reply.

i found the solution. Instead double clicking on the combo box, i place the code at the contructor of the form, therefore everytime it loads, it automatically send the value to combo box

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.