Hai . I'm Smith. In this section We have to discuss about JSP. I want to know more about JSP.I thnk the people interested in JSP will help me out to find out some answers.
How is a JSP processed ?

Hi Smith, i''m Tom.I thnk, i can help you.U asked,how was a JSP processed, Right?
Okie, A JSP is converted into a Servlet by the application server and then the request is serviced.Once compiled , the servlet object created from the JSP remains in memory just like any other servlet.When a change is made to the JSP then the servlet object get re_created.This could vary depending on the server.

Thank you Tom. you have given me a great answer. Now,can you please give the answers for two more questions?

What is an 'include'?
And mention the types of 'includes'?

Hii Smith.
We can use the <jsp:include>element to include either a static or dynamic resource in a JSP page.If the resource is static,its content is included in the calling JSP page as it is.If the resources is dynamic,it acts on a request and sends back a result that is included in the JSP page.
If the included resource is dynamic, we can use <jsp:param>clause to pass the name and value of a parameter to the resources.

Thank you very much Crys.Already u explained the answers of my question. Please tell the answer of one question.
How do we use Tag Libraries in a JSP?

A tag library is a set of actions that encapsulate functionality. These tags are then used within JSP pages. This helps us to reuse common functionality like connecting to a database.
<%@ taglibprefix="sql" uri="http://java.sun.com/jst1/sql"%>

Sir,
How is exception handling done in JSP ?
What are the implicit objects in JSP ?
show some examples pls.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.