Help please

I am a newbie trying to learn. I have the time and attitude but I do need direction for what I am trying to do. I have a photo site that I am trying to redo.

I am trying to create a page where on the bottom or top is a group of thumbnails where if you click or rollover the thumbnails, a larger image will appear on the same page. It would also be nice if the display of thumbs will only display a set number at a time with an arrow bringing in more thumbs on the same page. This last area probably needs a js.

I am not looking for someone to do this, just what I need to learn or -helpful hints or tutorials- to point me in the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I don't think this is what you are hoping for but may find it of some use. Great tutorial and great finished product
Click Away

this application will require some javascript too, for the rollover.

PHP would come in to limit the amount you display on one page.

If you want the arrow to refresh a new set of images without refreshing the actual page, you need AJAX(Here you combine PHP, javascript and XML).

I don't think this is what you are hoping for but may find it of some use. Great tutorial and great finished product
Click Away

It does do what I want with the rollovers but not with putting many thumbnails into the thumb container. The response after this says I probably will have to go with js. This site also has alot of coding which I was hoping an array loop would help with. Is there a way to insert the array loop into his code? (the one you are directing me to)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.