I own a website and I would like to start a forum on it. So am thinking to use phpbb for it, but I don't have any knowledge of PHP. Is PHP knowledge neccessary to use phpbb?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

No, the install is pretty straight forward and you should be able to successfully run a forum with no coding experience. You will need HTML/XHTML experience to customize the templates. You'll also need light PHP experience to make small modifications to the code or apply hacks made by other members of the phpBB hacking community.

No, the install is pretty straight forward and you should be able to successfully run a forum with no coding experience. You will need HTML/XHTML experience to customize the templates. You'll also need light PHP experience to make small modifications to the code or apply hacks made by other members of the phpBB hacking community.

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have HTML/XHTML experience, but I don't know much about programming.
After browsing this forum and some other sites, I came to know that phpbb isn't so safe for users info so I have decided to hire a professional programmer to build my forum.

lilprincess, I have a friend who has a very secure forum engine of his own that already works in quite a few forums all over the internet. It will probably be cheaper to address him, than to have a forum engine written specifically for you.

Just contact the webmaster as folderhost.com for that, or go here: http://www.deluxoft.com/contactus.html

These guys are both colleagues and friends of mine, and are highly recommended.

if you want only install the phpbb no need for coding knowledge . if you want costamize the code your own wesite you need basic knowledge for design

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.