hi,
can anyone please guide me how to install PHP fourm and IIS server on WIndows XP . i really need to get started with this
tahnx

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

To install IIS on Windows XP, make sure you have Windows XP Pro edition. Goto

control panel -> add remove programs, select windows component.

From the list, check Internet Information Services (IIS) and click next. Make sure windows installation CD is in the CDROM.

Once you have installed IIS, goto php.net and download the binaries for windows with installer. Run the file and it will guide you through rest of the process.

I did that i couldnt fine IIS server. i guess there is something else i need to do.. Thanx for your help. if i download apache server i can use it with that also. can u recommend any good site for Tutrioal ?

Dear Sir,

I am interested in study PHP at home. I don't have any software of PHP. Pls help me !

Anjani

I did that i couldnt fine IIS server. i guess there is something else i need to do.. Thanx for your help. if i download apache server i can use it with that also. can u recommend any good site for Tutrioal ?

An easy way to install Apache is to use WAMP:
http://www.wampserver.com/en/

Anyone, I am about to install the PHP binaries for Windows XP and IIS version VC9. On the PHP download page, the have thread safe and non-safe versions to choose. Why would I want to download the non-thread safe version?

To install IIS on Windows XP, make sure you have Windows XP Pro edition. Goto

control panel -> add remove programs, select windows component.

From the list, check Internet Information Services (IIS) and click next. Make sure windows installation CD is in the CDROM.

Once you have installed IIS, goto php.net and download the binaries for windows with installer. Run the file and it will guide you through rest of the process.

Anyone, I am about to install the PHP binaries for Windows XP and IIS version VC9. On the PHP download page, the have thread safe and non-safe versions to choose. Why would I want to download the non-thread safe version?

Well, I opted for the non-thread safe version anyway because my machine runs slow enough and this is just for single user stuff I'm testing. I guess the performance hit must be severe enough if they maintain both versions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.