Hi All,
I am Struggling Some Problems With search Engine(Both Content search and Database search).I completed Codings For this.But its too lenghy.reached 12000 lines For search engine.Can i reduce this Codings?

2)Can you give me some tips for developing webmaster module for job portal?

3)How can i create a sub user for employer in Job portal.Then i need to controll them like as folder accessing and all......

With regards,
Rajeev.K,

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You can reduce it by creating classes or functions so that you don't have to rewrite your code if you need them again.

You can reduce it by creating classes or functions so that you don't have to rewrite your code if you need them again.

Hi,

Please give me some tips for creating web master module for job portal

With regards,
Rajeev.K,

What does a webmaster module do ?

What does a webmaster module do ?

Web master will control the job seekers and employers.Alloting permissions.Approving their job posting.Remove the expired Job,etc........

With regards,
Rajeev.K,

what do you mean by alloting permissions?PHP can handle automatically the "removing the expired jobs " stuff.

Removing expired jobs can be done by writing a simple query. When a webmaster logs in, do a check if that job is valid(if posted_date > DATE_SUB(CURDATE() - INTERVAL X DAYS)) or if its expired (if posted_date < DATE_SUB(CURDATE() - INTERVAL X DAYS)). If its expired, remove them.

Or maybe run a cron script daily to delete this expired jobs.

Or maybe run a cron script daily to delete this expired jobs.

Ya Exactly.Giving a control and permissions like job posting,database access,removing expired job,Putting Active Jobs,tec.......
with regards,
rajeev.k,

Removing expired jobs can be done by writing a simple query. When a webmaster logs in, do a check if that job is valid(if posted_date > DATE_SUB(CURDATE() - INTERVAL X DAYS)) or if its expired (if posted_date < DATE_SUB(CURDATE() - INTERVAL X DAYS)). If its expired, remove them.

I dont have any little idea about that forms and database for web master.So give me more details......

With regards,'
Rajeev.K,

I dont know what are the fields you have in your table. So give me more details. Can you be more specific in what do you want exactly ?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.