Hi there..

Once running through your post. Well I believe the problem more or less would be in reltaion to the sql query.
The parameters of a form will be available be available in a string format when you use the POST option. I've noticed that your sql statement , encloses the the values in single quotes.
When you echo the sql statement you would probably be getting a statement which would be like values(xyz,1,ten), where as it should be values('xyz',1,'ten') . Notice the quotes.

Kindly try it and let me know

Hi there..

Once running through your post. Well I believe the problem more or less would be in reltaion to the sql query.
The parameters of a form will be available be available in a string format when you use the POST option. I've noticed that your sql statement , encloses the the values in single quotes.
When you echo the sql statement you would probably be getting a statement which would be like values(xyz,1,ten), where as it should be values('xyz',1,'ten') . Notice the quotes.

Kindly try it and let me know

where in the script? and what section needs changing?

Easiest way would be assign the value of the posted form elements to a variable and then use single quote. Eg.

$name=$_POST['name'];
$city=$_POST['city'];

$query="insert into tablename (name,city) values ('$name','$city')";

Cheers,
Naveen

Easiest way would be assign the value of the posted form elements to a variable and then use single quote. Eg.

$name=$_POST['name'];
$city=$_POST['city'];

$query="insert into tablename (name,city) values ('$name','$city')";

Cheers,
Naveen

Ive givin up on my login form, its a waste of time. and its never going to work (my scripting is crap, so their fourth im going to start on Visual Basics.

I'll help you. Check PM!

I'll help you. Check PM!

Please read this the part about 'keep it on the site'

commented: Thanx for support +7

Oh woops, Sorry. All I did was give my e-mail address. I wanted to keep it private so other people don't add me.

All I did was give my e-mail address.

If you want to help to solve a problem, please do it here in the forums.
When other people experience similar problems, they can just search the forum and find the answer.
That's the reason why the rule 'keep it on the site' exists

Niek

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.