hi, im getting these 4 (or 5) errors when i validate my page at w3.org

click here to see the errors!

what can the problem be?!

plz help...

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Although this is a PHP forum and your problem is HTML I'll give you the answer as I see it ;)

At the bottom of your forum you have a small dropdown box that allows you to jump around to different places or maybe to change skins (I'm not sure because I don't speak the language)
Obviously for this to work it must be in a form. However, your problem is that there is no closing of the form tag. For example you have

<form action="someurl" method="get">Form Stuff

Instead of

<form action="someurl" method="get">Form Stuff</form>

See how I closed the form's tag at the end? You need to make sure all tags are closed correctly. This should clear up all 4 of your errors.

no i cant find it, when i change the template it appears ok, but when i change this darkx then these 4 errors appear...

here is the style.... inside the zip... could you check it and tell me where the problem is... i can give you the whole style if you want... but i don't know if you have a vbulletin board to test it!

look at the attachments... attachment vbulletin-style is only the xml style
and attachment darkx.zip is the whole stle with images...

i hope someone can help me cuz i love that style

The main reason you can't find it is that the output is not very clean. No newlines no indentions, in a lot of cases just code. This could be because of the software you are using and how they do templating.

I'll give you exactly what to search for in your file and then you can change it.

Open up your template file (particularly the one for your darkx skin) and search for this HTML

<form action="http://home.sprit.org/donrow/forum/" method="get">

This is the form tag that is opened and not closed. It should be located somewhere close to the end of your HTML

Now you will probably want to close that so you quit getting the errors so you search along that line of code until you find where you want the form to stop.

My suggestion is to find this and at the end of it before you open the div tag place your closing form tag:

<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" class="page" align="center"> <tr> <td> <select name="langid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'lang')"> <optgroup label="zgjidhë Gjuhen"> <option value="1" class="" >-- English (US)</option> <option value="2" class="" selected="selected">-- Shqip</option> </optgroup> </select> </td> </tr> </table>

So basically when we put it all together it should look like this when you have edited it:

<form action="http://home.sprit.org/donrow/forum/" method="get">
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%" class="page" align="center"> <tr> <td> <select name="langid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'lang')"> <optgroup label="zgjidhë Gjuhen"> <option value="1" class="" >-- English (US)</option> <option value="2" class="" selected="selected">-- Shqip</option> </optgroup> </select> </td> </tr> </table>
</form>

If you do that then it should be fixed.

commented: THNX A LOT... +1

thnx brother.. i fixed the problem...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.