Hello!!
Please guide me. How do I install Apache, MySQL, PHP on Linux?

Thanks
Laxy
www.funspot.com

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

ok each one of those things are available on there main site to download and install in unix OSes. So once you downloaded and installed them you don't have to do anything to the mysql(you should have the database server edition) or the php(you might also want to get zend which speeds up php development) for now (this is just basic setup). For apache if you are testing on your own comp and not on a web server then you just set the domain to localhost and your site to localhost. then you don't need to upload to test scripts you can download an IDE i have one called svoi.net php edit it works well. This way you can test your scripts before you put them on a site. I don't know how you set up mysql for a remote site so you might have to just get a book on php and mysql for step by step instructions.

Thanks mikeandike22 for your quick reply i will try it.

Regards
Laxy
www.funspot.com

oh yeah one of those google ad sense things above just reminded me that another good program to get is phpmyadmin.

got it i just need a RPM file of each of these
and Command to install RMP

Trampoline
Regards
Laxy

got it i just need a RPM file of each of these
and Command to install RPM files.

Trampoline
Regards
Laxy

i am desinger want to Optimze Trampoline site for search engines.

where i want practical knowledge which articles and books don't provide.

What page rank do .

How to be at top

etc

Lax

Trampoline

SIr,

I am unable to install PHP on Linux.

THere is php.ini file in /etc/

and all

but still i am unable to run PHP

Ashwin Perti

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.