Wasn't sure whether to put this in java or php, so I'm putting it here. I have a bit of java that opens a php page in a popup window, using this code:

<a href="javascript:
void(0) "onclick="window.open ('my_form.php','linkname','height=465, width=400, left=550, top=150, scrollbars=no')">Click Here</a>

So that code opens up "my_form.php" in a pop-up window. But I need to pass a value to that php page. Like with PHP, I could simply say <a href="my_form.php?value=25">Click Here</a>

But is there a way I can pass a variable through that link with the java script I've got?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Try adding ?value=25 on to the window.open function.

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.open ('my_form.php?value=25','linkname','height=465, width=400, left=550, top=150, scrollbars=no')">Click Here</a>

I have done something like this previously and it has worked.

Try adding ?value=25 on to the window.open function.

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="window.open ('my_form.php?value=25','linkname','height=465, width=400, left=550, top=150, scrollbars=no')">Click Here</a>

I have done something like this previously and it has worked.

Great idea. I tried that, and for some reason, it didn't work.

Great idea. I tried that, and for some reason, it didn't work.

How are you calling the variable in PHP on my_form.php?

//this will set $value to the $_GET variable 'value' if it is there else set it to default of 'NOTHING POSTED' $value = (isset($_GET[value])) ? $_GET[value] ? 'NOTHING POSTED'; //do something with $value echo "Your age is ". $value;

How are you calling the variable in PHP on my_form.php?

//this will set $value to the $_GET variable 'value' if it is there else set it to default of 'NOTHING POSTED'
$value = (isset($_GET[value])) ? $_GET[value] ? 'NOTHING POSTED';

//do something with $value
echo "Your age is ". $value;

Well, in the past, I haven't had to call it other than it's already set in a variable. Usually, when I create a link like "my_link.php?value=3", then in the page, my_link.php, I can simply echo $value, and it would echo "3". But I'll try what you've put.

Well, in the past, I haven't had to call it other than it's already set in a variable. Usually, when I create a link like "my_link.php?value=3", then in the page, my_link.php, I can simply echo $value, and it would echo "3". But I'll try what you've put.[/QUOTE]

I had a typo in my post, the second question mark should have been a colon.

$value = (isset($_GET[value])) ? $_GET[value] [COLOR="Red"]:[/COLOR] 'NOTHING POSTED';
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.