I do have a webpage and i wanna put a froum inside it but im having problem installing phpBB2.. i have unzipp it and uploaded into my server (without installing) just copy and paste, is there anything that i should do or install to make my phpBB2 forum work in my webpage or could someone take his/her time to explain it to me .... if someone can help me i would appriciate it very much . thank you

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

:lol: I had the same problem before man, its not that easy at the same time, its not that hard. Do you have any Instant Messangers and I'll walk you through it.

I'm sure phpBB has comprehensive walkthroughs? If not I'm sure their community can also help a lot :)

I'll be in contact soon.

I suggest you to install on your local machine to know about the installation then installation will be a lot easier on ur site.

I have installed on 2 websites so far. You cannot get it done perfectly without doing any mistake. But yes its real cool one once installed. :cool:

Wheres the new post?

:lol: I had the same problem before man, its not that easy at the same time, its not that hard. Do you have any Instant Messangers and I'll walk you through it.

Hello Young Teck 06

I am a newbie web designer and have been asked to

move files from one site --- ezboard to another

and activate phpbb2. Having problems installing

phpbb2t--looks like config file is empty.

Can you give me a hand?

Thanks

Rod

Here is a simple walkthrough should be very simple.

1. Download phpbb, unzip it and leave it on your hard disk for the time being.
2. Go to your host cpanel, then to mysql section and create a new database and a new db user and join them, its fairly easy to do that once you are inside the cpanel.
3. Using an ftp client connect to your server and open the folder in which you wish to install the forum, upload all the phpbb files and CHMOD the config.php file to 777. Once that is done, go to www.mydomain.com/install/index.php and follow the simple steps, once installation is complete delete the installation files and you should have your forum up.

Akuji you no longer need to manually edit the config.php file its written during the installation just be sure to change the permission ie CHMOD it to 777. vbmenu_register("postmenu_71056", t

I am a newbie web designer and have been asked to

move files from one site --- ezboard to another

and activate phpbb2.

I managed to

chmod config file using smart ftp;

created new db and table in mysql;

still having problems.

Can you guide me thru install

using yahoo instant messenger?

Thanks

Akuji36

Sure, let me know, MarylandSoulja06 my name, I'll be waiting.

It will be faster if you have shell access. It will take around 10 min to shift a board from one server to another server.

Shell access is not a protected method though, wouldnt you say.

I suggest you to install on your local machine to know about the installation then installation will be a lot easier on ur site.

I have installed on 2 websites so far. You cannot get it done perfectly without doing any mistake. But yes its real cool one once installed. :cool:

Can you help me pull those ezboard
forums & threads over to phpbb forum using phpbb converter?

I am Still getting errors.

thanks

Akuji36

need help installing phpbb2 forum on website plz help add mihir.tandon@gmail.com in msn messenger plz need help desperatly

Sorry, just felt like doing it, after all, I just woke up RLMAO!!

the guy needs some help, he wanted help but yet wanted an answer to everything LICKETY SPLIT QUICK!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.