I saw somewhere that invision power board is free unless you want technical support, but on the website i can't find anywhere to download a free copy.

Am i right, if so where can i get a free copy of ipb from?

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 28 Replies

Do u want invision 2 or the old one/ if you want the old one go to www.clicdev.com
U cant down load it but!

I have an invisionfree forum.. and also you can choose from 100's of free skins once you have your board.. just go to my site, and click on 'Forum' to take a look... it is risk free and you get a lot of bandwidth and disk space. also you will be listed in the invision directory! the link to get your own free forum is at the bottom of my forum.. in the copyright strip....

http://www.shadezofblack.com

Yeah they just recently blanked themselves from the free forum market. I believe they had it planned all along.

If phpBB ever gets 2.2 finished, it will be serious competition for any forum software free or otherwise but god only knows when that will happen. They are severely overworked and under paid.

It seems Invision has changed from free to commercial as stated. They also have some embedded code in order to easily shut down forum which are not licensed so beware. Older versions of invision I believe are not supported nor downloadable.

u can get a free remotely hosted for www.kenzey.com/forum for $0.99 or a free 1 with a small google ad the the bottom :P

:) Well... now there is a version available at invision's official site which has encrypted code and will let you have 1000 threads / 5000 posts! but I would NOT recommend it! Instead I would suggest that you use phpBB [phpbb.de is a prehacked version] or vB [if you can afford it, it's the best investment that you'll ever make].

Good Luck!

:) Well... now there is a version available at invision's official site which has encrypted code and will let you have 1000 threads / 5000 posts! but I would NOT recommend it! Instead I would suggest that you use phpBB [phpbb.de is a prehacked version] or vB [if you can afford it, it's the best investment that you'll ever make].

Good Luck!

Well it depends on what you are looking for there are alot of features in IPB which are better than what VB offers, multi moderation, inline moderation and other stuff. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference, on one forum I use IPB and on the other we have VB I love both of them but because I have been with IPB for a long time I find that easier and more friendly to use.

Well it depends on what you are looking for there are alot of features in IPB which are better than what VB offers, multi moderation, inline moderation and other stuff. At the end of the day it comes down to personal preference, on one forum I use IPB and on the other we have VB I love both of them but because I have been with IPB for a long time I find that easier and more friendly to use.

True. But just for the record... there are hacks at vB.org for multi moderation and inline moderation and the other stuff. + You don't have to pay Big Bucks for addons [You can get community blog system free in vB and not IPB :D]... In the end, you are right, It all boils down to Personal prefrences.

It all depends. If you have hosting and have a cPanel if your webmaster supplies with a add on into your cPanel called Fantastico they have it. I know with the hosting I provide it’s for free.

Well hosts can only provide IPB in fantastico as long as its either 1.3.1 or pre 2.0 PF4 versions as the new license agreements came with the release of 2.0.0 final version, atleast my host provides fantastico with 2.0.0 PF3 IPB.

INvision 1.3 is still free, i guess. It was still in fantastico package.

I use proboard's well did, it was great. You should all give it a look, I used it for about a month or so, it was all free for one add. I dont find anything wrong with that. If you have any objections fill me in please.

No, Invision Power Decided to cut off the freebeis becaue of the new stages that they have going now. Matt and Charlesare also trying to promote there upcomming IPB Blog to all thier exsisting clients who already purchased their ipb.

However, the best way is NOT by getting it fromelse where except a CPanel. Get with your hosts and upgrade your hosting account to a CPanel that has fanasticio in it. They should have the latest IPB1.3 free there. Thats all I know and to be honest, Matt has hard coded the other versionsto catch the piracy.

HELL NO
<< url snipped to comply with forum policy >> :eek:

I have a free Invision Board. I won't pimp it since I am unsure of the rules but I'll give you the link where to go to get your own.

http://invisionfree.com/index.php

Excellent software with lots of support.

Yes, Pulse is right, read below this line as I quote:

Trial Limitations

The trial version is encoded which means you are unable to view the PHP source or modify the PHP source. There are also these hard limits:

• 5000 Posts
  • 1000 Topics
  • 1000 Personal Messages
  • 200 Members
  • Bulk Mailer Disabled
  • Language Editing Disabled
  • SQL Toolbox Disabled
  • No IPB Portal Included
  • No SSI Export Facilities
  • No ability to upgrade between trial versions

If you exceed any one of these limits, your board is turned offline and access to your ACP is removed. If you choose to purchase a full Invision Power Board you can upgrade your trial version to a full version so you won't lose your current members, posts, etc. The full version comes with readable source code which means you're free to modify the PHP code for your personal use.

Yes... I found a link to where it is free... I joined to help you... link: << URL SNIP >>

It's only V 1.3 but still it's a great place... your username and password will automatically be Username: Admin Password: Admin change your name and pass and have fun with your new IPB board ! It's 100% legal too.

You Can Download The Full Version Of Invision Power Board 2.4 From
<< URL SNIPPED. We don't allow warez links here >>

I dont use any of those hosts.

I use Forumer to host my IPB forum for free.

They host IPB 1.3.1 for free with a giant modification database (fMods and a great ad-removal offer (1USD = 6,000 ad-free page views).

With them you can get a free ipb forum.

I found in 30 minutes of searching a Blog that offers IPB 13.1, IPB 1.3 Final and IPB 2.0.0 Final
To download click on the link
IPB 2.0.0 Final

IPB 1.3.1

IPB 1.3 Final

All of the IPB versions are legal. :) That's Good!

I have an invisionfree forum.. and also you can choose from 100's of free skins once you have your board.. just go to my site, and click on 'Forum' to take a look... it is risk free and you get a lot of bandwidth and disk space. also you will be listed in the invision directory! the link to get your own free forum is at the bottom of my forum.. in the copyright strip....

http://www.shadezofblack.com

ya but since invisionfree don't offer a ftp their's no way u could use the whole disk space and as for bandwidth i have yet to see a invisionfree forum with broken images due to bandwidth issues, but i still go with invision power board, tis wat i use for my forum
www.animememorial.com/forums/

Hi,

If you can, I would really recommend using Vbulletin. Hopefully as your forum begins to grow youll need the extra security and general forum features that this forum software provides.

any one knows about the site from where we can download forums of Invision power boad v bulletion :)

any one knows about the site from where we can download forums of Invision power boad v bulletion :)

if u take hostmonter hosting...
there's v bulletion is free..

I have an invisionfree forum.. and also you can choose from 100's of free skins once you have your board.. just go to my site, and click on 'Forum' to take a look... it is risk free and you get a lot of bandwidth and disk space. also you will be listed in the invision directory! the link to get your own free forum is at the bottom of my forum,in the copyright strip

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.